Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Birthday Shenanigans

Hello, all!

So yesterday was my birthday-- the Big 3-0, as it were-- and it was great! I'm going to enjoy this new decade of life! :)

These were my cakes of note this past week:




Four layer red velvet wedding cake that was scored with a diamond cutter

 This Cthulhu cake was for my dear friend, Jessica, whose birthday was on Saturday the 20th (also Lovecraft's birthday). She loved it!

Over the weekend, the hubs and I went up to Washington, DC to attend the birthday celebrations of the resident pandas. They were crazy adorable, and I got to see most of them (the little 1-year-old, Bei Bei, was too scared to come out), including my birthday buddy, 3-year-old Bao Bao! It was super exciting!

This is actually mama bear Mei Xang eating Bei Bei's cake (can't let it go to waste!)

My adorable birthday buddy Bao Bao eating her birthday cake

We also got to see the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument (as well as the Reflecting Pool). I have never in my 30 years been up close to these amazing structures, and I was so happy to finally go!

Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to visit any DC bakeries, but I think another trip is looming on the horizon. Pandas and Pastries DC Plan!

And in case you were wondering: Well, who makes the birthday cake for the cake maker?
My best friend and hubs teamed up to order me a lovely, lovely panda themed cake by All Bent Out of Cake of Newport News, VA:

Best. Birthday cake. Ever.

Coming up this week is a farm animal and vegetable theme (making a scratch carrot cake!) and a giant Lego block. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment