Wednesday, November 16, 2016

As Promised: Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake

I've been on a bit of a break lately. As I had mentioned in my last post-- celebration season is upon me.

I would love to share the chocolate cake I made my husband for his birthday last month. We brought it to a restaurant, and one of the waiters said that it was one of the best cakes he's ever had! Right on! I'll start with the chocolate cake recipe. This was a recipe I had found on Foodess and it was magical!



The batter came out thin-- but that's what makes it fudgy and delicous!

Next, I made the buttercream from Two Sisters Crafting.

In both the cake and the buttercream, I used Hershey's Special Dark, which made the chocolate flavor much more rich.
Then I made the chocolate ganache for coating the cake pre-fondant. This recipe came from McGreevy Cakes. I used dark chocolate chips for this as well.

With all three components made (the ganache sat overnight in the refrigerator then heated up a bit in the microwave to achieve a thick peanut butter consistency), it was time to assemble!

I applied a thin layer of piping gel then covered it with black fondant marbled with a bit of blue. I used white, pink, and purple luster dusts to make elliptical patterns for galaxies.

 And of course a galaxy cake wouldn't be complete without some glitter!

He was very happy with it!


Next post: Disney princesses and a baby shower cake fit for a king!

No comments:

Post a Comment